Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Hello!

Hello!  Thanks for visiting my very first post on this brand new blog.  I am very excited – and incredibly fortunate – to be just days away from beginning my student teaching experience with Ms. Katherine Law and the students of Orca K-8.

I am currently in the University of Washington Secondary Teacher Education Program, along with two other student teachers working with Orca this school year.  My undergraduate degree is in Chemistry, and I am a Leonore Annenberg Teaching Fellow with the Woodrow Wilson Foundation.

I live with Kim, my wife of 15 years, and our two dogs, Scooter and Louie.  (Fun fact:  Scooter is from Mexico, and returned to Seattle with us from a vacation in Ensenada nine years ago!)  In my spare time, I like to tinker and build things – I've built everything from a porch swing to a pinball machine!  Since last summer, I have been "tinkering" with the ukulele. The results have been less than impressive (Scooter does not like my playing), but it's still a lot of fun.

Thank you for reading my first post, and I really look forward to working with Ms. Katherine and learning from all the students this year!